Workforce Advancement@SVHEC can assist your organization with customized incumbent worker training, and reduce the strain associated with recruitment and retention of new hires. We also serve as a liaison connecting employers to training providers and have a vast network of providers readily available to assist with your needs.
Our signature and customized training programs lead to industry-recognized credentials and funding assistance is available to reduce out-of-pocket training expenses.
Customized Training Options
NCCER Electrical (Level 1-3)
NCCER Industrial Maintenance Electrical & Instrumentation (Level 1-3)
NCCER Welding (Level 1-3)
Siemens Level 1
***All training content design and development is based on YOUR needs and expectations***
SVHEC Signature Training Programs and Available Credentials
- Work Ready Foundations (NCCER, OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid, NCRC): this is an excellent program that can be used as a “new hire training program”
- Mechatronics (Siemens Level 1, NCCER, OSHA 10, NCRC)
- Welding@SVHEC (NCCER, AWS, NCRC)
- IT Academy (CompTIA)
A Few Regional Employers Who Have Taken Advantage of Customized Training at the SVHEC:
- Presto Products – NCCER CORE
- Sunshine Mills – Maintenance technician training
- Tri- County Community Action Agency – Lead Renovation, Repair & Painting and OSHA 10 General Industry
- ABB – Welding: Visual Inspection Fundamentals
- Essel Propack USA (Danville, VA) –Mechatronics
Funding Opportunities Available for Employers
1. New Economy Workforce Credential Grant Program: Covers 2/3 of training expenses if the trainee completes the training and obtains associated credential. This means employers are only responsible for paying 1/3 of training costs. For example, a program that costs an employer $2,600 per participant will be reduced to approximately $875 per participant. For more information contact: LaVerne Taylor, Fiscal Technician email@example.com or (434) 572-5485
2. WIOA Incumbent Worker Training Program: Training for incumbent workers is provided and upon completion the employer is reimbursed for 50-100% (depending on size of company and number of employees) of training expenses. If employer pays wages while employees attend training sessions, they can receive 100% reimbursement.
For more information contact:
Terra Napier, Business Services Coordinator (Region VIII) – firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 542-5605
Allison Moore, Business Services Manager (Region XVII) – email@example.com or (434) 836-6990
3. Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP) – provides services and funding to companies creating new jobs or experiencing technological change. As a business development incentive supporting economic development since 1965, VJIP reduces the human resource development costs of new and expanding companies. With strong support from the Governor and General Assembly, VJIP is completely state-funded, demonstrating Virginia’s commitment to enhancing job opportunities for its citizens.
For more information contact: Frank Stricker, Senior Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 840-9366
SVHEC Workforce Advancement is very interested in creating a collaborative relationship with your organization and WE are here to serve YOU!
For more information on customized training opportunities contact: Vashon Canty, Associate Director at email@example.com or (434) 572-5488