Skip to main content

svhef scholarship2019If you are pursuing Workforce Training at the SVHEC financial assistance is available! There are a number of resouces, and our program coordinators will be happy to share information with you on available funding sources. To learn more, speak with your program's coordinator or visit

To apply for federal financial aid (Pell grant, loans, etc) you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) To successfully complete the application, you will need a copy of your (and your spouse's) latest Federal Tax Return(s) as well as your parents' tax returns if you are a dependent student.  If a tax return was not filed, please have information about any untaxed income received.

To process your FAFSA faster, register for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID (For dependent students, one parent will also need an FSA ID). The FAFSA is a free application. If you find a website asking you to pay money to apply you should leave the site immediately. The correct website will have a .gov address.

The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) offers free assistance in completing the FAFSA form. The EOC also offers information on regional scholarship programs and the college admissions process. For more information or to make an appointment please call 434-572-5479.

The other Financial Aid links below provide information about filing for financial aid (grants, scholarships, and loans). The Scholarship links are to scholarship programs and applications.